Monday, September 10, 2012

Mom's Table

I stole this little table from my Mom's house.  It was tucked away in a back bedroom. I had been needing something to put my cable box on in my back room.  I had leftover stain from my coffee table, so I decided I was going to sand it and stain it Kona.






The finish had already started to come off, so the sanding wasn't that bad. 

I sanded it, wiped it down, and then used a foam roller (much easier than a paint brush!) to apply the stain.  I let it sit for a few minutes and then wiped it off. 



Then I went back through and got all of the spots I missed, and hammered the nails in a little better.

The cords are still an issue... but it is better than before. I still think I want to add some words to the top, or something to make it stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment