Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Little Mermaid

One of my best friends, Abbey, has 2 sweet little girls.  Harper, her oldest, is 3 years old.  She is obsessed with anything princess.  She also has beautiful red hair. So it was fitting that I make her an Ariel costume for Halloween.

Once we told her what I was going to make her, whenever I would talk to her on the phone, she would ask, "You making my mermaid costume, right?"

Yes, Harper, and you are the most adorable mermaid ever!


I'm not a huge pattern follower, so I looked up a few ideas, and went with my creativity to make this.

I think I'm going to let the pictures tell the story... 















Then, I went on a pink 3T leotard hunt. I went to...
1. Wal*Mart (only had 6X)
2. Burlington Coat Factory
3. TJ Max
4. K-Mart (had rhinestones on it and was a size 4)
5. Macy's
6. Savers
7. Old Navy
8. Marshall's
9. TARGET!!!!

I finally found one, it didn't have sleeves, but it was PINK, plain (well it had a rose, I cut off), and a 3T!

So I cut off the rose, cut out some circles that were hooked together with a little section, and sewed them on to the leotard.  I also sewed on some fabric that could tie in the back. I was excited about this part, I guess, and didn't take any pictures. 

Supplies: 2 spools of green tule- $2.50 each
1 sparkly green tule- $2.50
1 yard purple sequins- $1.99
1/4 yard purple sequin fabric- $6.99 a yard
elastic- in my stash
thread- in my stash
1 pink leotard- $6.99



Total: about $20 
Ariel Costume on Disney.com- $44.50 and not NEAR as cute! 


No comments:

Post a Comment