Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Funnies: KU v. KSU

Just so you know: 
However, this can sometimes be a problem in my classroom: 



This story was written by a 1st grader...

They were rivals. Every year Jayhawk was so scared of Wildcat he went south. One year Jayhawk was so tired of flying south Wildcat noticed this.

He said, “Jayhawk stay.”

(This is the good part) So since Jayhawk stayed, Wildcat ate him. The End!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When I woke up this morning my dad said you know who won last night? (Election Night), I said K-State. I was confused and dreaming and didn't know it was Obama."


This is one of my favorite Jayhawk drawings!


Last year during tournament time, I told my students I would give them a prize if they wore KU stuff. I had one girl who was a HUGE K-State fan. She refused to wear Crimson or Blue.  So I took matters into my own hands and snuck this on her shirt!

This year on wear purple day for color week, I decided I was going to participate and wear purple.  However, one of my former students made sure I was ready and brought me a KSU shirt. 

When the article about the teacher who made the kid color the Jayhawk was in the news, I was given a present, by another KSU student.   He thought he was pretty funny, and even made me a card to go with it.




This year, I think I will be safe, and have a K-State Free classroom.  As I was giving my BTSN talk, I said that I was a KU Grad.  I got a loud "ROCK CHALK!" from one of the dads, followed by cheers from the other parents!

The rivalry is something that makes watching my Jayhawks even more fun! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!



No comments:

Post a Comment