Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bacon Green Beans



Bacon. Beans. Butter. Brown Sugar. Who knew those 4 ingredients together could be so yummy!? I wish I didn't make the chicken to go along with these. I could have made this my meal!

Last week, I was at the farmer's market and couldn't pass up fresh green beans for $2.  I have been wanting to make the bacon wrapped green beans again, but then I found a simpler way to make them.


Ingredients:

1-2 pounds fresh green beans
6 pieces bacon
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. brown sugar
garlic salt, to taste

Directions:
In a large skillet, fry the bacon over medium heat until done. Drain grease, and slice bacon into smaller pieces.  Add butter and brown sugar to pan.  Once the brown sugar has dissolved, add the green beans and bacon to the pan.  Cook for 5-8 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment