Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Everything but the Kitchen Sink Quinoa

Between my garden, the block party, and random food I have cooked in the past few weeks, I had a lot of veggies to use up.  In my quest to find recipes for cucumbers, lots of my friends said to make quinoa.  So I gave it whirl.  The measurements in this really don't matter, whatever you like the most, put more of that in! I think it turned out pretty good!

Ingredients: 
1 cup quinoa- rinsed
cucumber
tomatoes
kalamata olives
yellow pepper
red onion
salt & pepper
feta cheese
lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
2 T olive oil

Directions: 
Cook quinoa according to package.
Chop all veggies (about 1/4 cup of each).
Once quinoa is cooled, add the veggies, olive oil, lemon juice, feta, and salt and pepper. Toss together.


Let marinate for a few hours.  This makes A LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment