Monday, June 24, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Green Beans

I love fresh green beans! I love them even more when they are sweet and wrapped in bacon! I made these as a side dish to go with some grilled chicken. They stole the show!


Ingredients:
  • 1 pound fresh green beans
  • 10-12 slices of thick-cut bacon
  • 2 T butter
  • 1 T brown sugar
  • 1 t garlic, minced

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Wash and dry green beans. I also snapped off the ends. Bundle together about 5-8 green beans. Using a slice of bacon, wrap it around the center of the beans to hold it together. Lay the bundle bacon seam side down in a 9x13 pan, sprayed with cooking spray, to hold it together. Repeat with remaining beans.

Heat a small saucepan over low heat. Add butter, brown sugar and garlic and stir until melted and combined. Pour the mixture over top of the green beans. Cover the bundles with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10-15 minutes more.

I'm sure you could do a version of this on the grill, but I haven't tried it yet!




Adapted from: http://www.howsweeteats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment