Thursday, June 20, 2013

Farmhouse Table: Part 2


You may remember Farmhouse Table: Part 1 from way back in NOVEMBER! I finally got around to putting the final coat of poly on it! I used Minwax Fast Drying Polyurethane in the clear satin. I also bought a nice natural bristle brush. Before I started I used a tack cloth to make sure there was nothing stuck on the table. I also stained a few more spots that needed it. Make sure you let the stain dry!
                                    

table before poly

Coat 1 still wet! 

After coat 1 

I put 2 coats on. I did not sand in between. I attempted it, in a small area, but it didn't look good, so I just let it be! When I was painting it on, I went all the way down the table and went back over thick places a few times. 

It is so much easier to wipe down now, and I don't have to worry about staining or warping it.

Sorry for the millions of photos, I was trying to get all angles! :) 











                                                


Next up, figuring out the chairs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment