Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chicken Tacos & Easy Guac

What do you make when you have nothing to cook with? No stove, fridge, oven, silverware, microwave? You have to get creative! I went to help my friend Abbey move into her new house in Mac town.  They hadn't moved much, and still didn't have appliances.  I did pack a cutting board and knife, knowing that our resources would be limited.  I racked my brain, looked at the 2 cookbooks she had (no Internet  too!), and came up with chicken tacos! 

I went to Dillon's and bought cheese, rotisserie chicken (the last one, which was garlic and herb), salsa, tortillas, avocados, tomato, and red onion. I had brought lettuce from my garden. 
                                                  

She did have serving bowls and ramekins! So I had fun chopping each topping (onion, tomato, lettuce, avocado) and placing them in the ramekins. I shredded the chicken and made some guac.  I set it all up and we were ready for a nice taco bar! We devoured the tacos! 

Easy Guac

Ingredients: 
2 avocados
1 tomato, diced
1/4 cup salsa
salt
2 T red onion, diced

Directions: 
Mix all ingredients together and smash, in my case, cut up a lot with a knife! 





No comments:

Post a Comment