Monday, August 19, 2013

Zucchini Fries

I made these using fresh zucchini from my garden, before the dreaded squash bug ate all of my plants! If anyone knows good ways to keep those darn bugs away, let me know! The last 2 years, I have had about 2 weeks of tons of squash, then they all die! 

Ingredients: 
Zucchini- sliced into "fry shape" 
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs - I used Italian seasoned
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
cooking spray 
Optional dipping sauce- I used the new Kraft Miracle Whip Kickin' Onion Blossom Dipping Sauce

Directions
Preheat oven to 425° and cover baking sheet with foil.
Slice zucchini.
In a bowl beat egg with a fork.
Put the breadcrumbs and cheese in a bowl and mix well.
One by one, dip the zucchini sticks in the egg whites and roll into the bread crumb mixture, to coat well and place on the baking sheet.
Spray fries lightly with cooking spray.
Bake for about 20 minutes, turning over half way through. Cook until crispy and golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce or marinara.


No comments:

Post a Comment