Thursday, August 15, 2013

Barefoot Baby Sandals

A few months ago, I bought a Hot Summer Days Goodie Box from The Plaid Barn.  It came with a bunch of craft stuff, including these cute flowers and colored elastic.  My original plan was to make headbands with them. But after I saw some barefoot sandals, I knew I needed to make these for some of my favorite babies! 

You need 2 flowers (or any other embellishment! Look online for ideas), colored elastic, and a hot glue gun.  

First, measure the elastic. You will need to cut 4 pieces the same length.  
  • Newborn 2.5″
  • 0-3 Months 3″
  • 3-6 Months 3.5″
  • 6-12 Months 4″
  • 12-18 Months 5"
You could also measure around the foot and ankle of your baby. 
Hot glue the first loop in the center of both flowers. 

Make the ankle strap by looping it around and matching it up with the first elastic.  

If the elastic/hot glue/flower area is rough, you can add a square of felt to cover up the area. 

Baby Reese trying on her shoes. What are these Mom?!





No comments:

Post a Comment