Monday, August 19, 2013

Meatloaf

This weekend I went to the Farmer's Market and bought some grass fed beef. I wanted to see what the hype was all about.  I had to think of a dish that would really focus on the meat.  I found a recipe for meatloaf in Cooking Light. I had all the ingredients on hand, so I went ahead and tried it.


Ingredients: 
cooking spray
1/2 cup chopped onion 
6 T ketchup, divided
1/2 cup panko
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
3/4 t. dried oregano
1/4 t. salt


1/4 t. pepper 
3/4 lb. Grass Fed beef- (CL called for 1 lb sirloin)
1 egg

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*
Heat a small skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray.  Add onion and cook until lightly browned.  
Combine onion, 3 T ketchup, and remaining ingredients in a bowl.  Gently combine (I used my hands!)
Place meat mixture on baking sheet coated with foil and cooking spray.  Shape into an 8x4 loaf.  Brush top of loaf with remaining 3 T of ketchup.  Bake at 350* for 35 minutes, or until a thermometer registers at 160*
Let stand for 10 minutes, cut into slices. 

2 comments:

  1. So, could you taste the difference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not really! It was worth a shot though! It is probably better for you.

      Delete