Friday, August 16, 2013

Trader Joe's Tilapia & Brown Rice

With school starting, it is much easier to get into a routine.  I am doing this 3 day detox diet, and one of the meals was fish, rice, and spinach. I am the worst rice cooker, so when I saw pre-cooked brown rice at Trader Joe's I was sold.  I'm not a huge fish fan, but can handle the mild taste of Tilapia.

This recipe (fish & rice) only required me putting it in the oven and microwave! Trader Joe did the rest! If you want a quick, easy, and healthy meal, head to your nearest Trader Joe's! The fish came with 3 fillets, and the rice was about 1 1/2 cups.  So it could make a meal for 3.  I froze one fillet to have later!

These fillets would be great for fish tacos too!



Place under broiler (lower rack) on low for 10-12 minutes. 


Open pouch to vent, heat for 60 seconds in the microwave! 

I did squeeze the lemon it came with over the fish. 

Place on foil, sprayed with cooking spray. Broil on Low for 10-12 min

Serve tilapia over rice! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment