Thursday, January 9, 2014

Winter Reading

These are the books I have finished in the last month! 2 of them were book club books, and the other one, was one I bought on sale last summer. 

Room by Emma Donoghue 

This book I could not put down! I just wanted to keep reading to find out what happened. It is told from the perspective of a 5 year old little boy.  The first few pages, it was a little hard to get into because of the way it was written, but after I figured out what was going on, I COULDN'T STOP.  It is similar to the Jaycee Dugard story.


The Girl You Left Behind  by JoJo Moyes is a love story about a painting and trying to find its rightful owners.  It takes place during WWI and in the present time. It is a quick and easy read and a history lesson!

Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz was another book club pick. I finished it, but it wasn't my favorite. It is very jumpy with its characters and time.  It is about 2 sisters and their relationship.  However, one sister has a deep dark secret, which is slowly revealed. 

Other book lists:
My list of Summer Reading



No comments:

Post a Comment