Monday, January 6, 2014

Tacos and Santa Fe Salad with Chili Cilantro Lime Dressing


It seems like forever that I have made something new! I have been living off leftovers, spaghetti, and frozen meals! You would think, over break, I would cook. However, that has not been the case! I have been enjoying lunches and dinners out, holiday get-togethers, and leftovers from my trip to Wichita where I was stocked with Vietnamese food!


I finally made a trip to the grocery store and was proud of myself for only shopping in the outside are of the grocery store.  I even did a little meal planning!

I made this "Weight Watcher" dressing, but changed a few things after reading the reviews. I had it first on a Santa Fe Salad, then on tacos. OH MY The tacos were YUMMY!


Ingredients
4 T Light Sour Cream
2 T light Mayo
3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
3 T water
1 medium scallion minced
2 T fresh lime juice
1 1/2 t Sugar
1/2 t. chili powder

Directions
In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, sour cream, cilantro, water, scallion, lime juice, sugar and chili powder until smooth. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve. (If you let it chill for a few hours, it is even better!)


The salad consisted of lettuce, dressing, tortilla chips, and a corn/bean salsa.

For the tacos, I used pulled pork, that I had froze, corn tortillas, the same corn/bean salsa, a little cheese, and the dressing! They were awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment