Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Yard Clean Up

I love it when it is finally nice enough to get out in the yard! This weekend I did a little work! 



First off, I had to buy a new mower. My electric one bit the dust. It was buy a new battery, or buy a new mower, that was just a little bit more. 

Earlier this spring, my mom and I transplanted peonies from my grandparent's house. They are not supposed to bloom the first season after transporting. However, its looking like I will have 2 blooms! 
The home owners before me did not like landscaping. They loved ROCKS! They meant well with this little area, but it is a pain! So today I did a little rock gardening. I took out the lights, pulled weeds, used my leaf blower to blow out the leaves, and raked the garden to cover the weed barrier. I would love to do this to it. 

My friends came and got the swing set out of my back yard. I think I have used it a total of 3 times in 3 years.  Sloan will get much more use out of it. It also made me want to landscape around that tree and plant grass, not weeds.
I also picked up 5 bags of pokey balls and leaves! Next weekend I need to get some flowers planted, and I'll have to mow AGAIN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment