Thursday, May 16, 2013

Cucumber Salad

Cucumbers always remind me if my Great Grandma Agnes. She would make them for us in her little kitchen, and we gobbled them up. My mom, aunts, and cousins all make & love them now.  They are a staple at family BBQ's. Her recipe is simple. Salt, vinegar, and cucumbers.

However, when I was looking at a cooking magazine they had a new way to make them. I decided I would give it a try. They are much fancier and sweeter, but definitely a keeper! 

Ingredients:
3 cups cucumbers shaved vertically (I used a veggie peeler) I'm sure there is a better way to do this. 
A pinch of salt
1/2 cup finely sliced red onion
1 t sugar ( I like to use Splenda packets, it's much easier to grab 1 than to get out the sugar and measure!!)
1 T apple cider vinegar

Directions:
Combine cucumbers and onions on bowl. Sprinkle with salt & sugar, and pour in vinegar. Mix together. Served chilled


Sorry this is not the best picture! 


No comments:

Post a Comment