Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Veggie Sandies


I seriously can't believe I haven't blogged this recipe yet! It is one of my FAVORITES! It's definitely a keeper! I found it the old fashion way, in a cook book.


In the summer, most of the ingredients can be found at the Farmer's Market.  I like to go on Saturday mornings and buy everything, and then make it for lunch!


Ingredients: 
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 T honey
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
2 small zucchini, sliced (or one zuch, 1 yellow squash)
1 medium red onion, sliced 1/2 in thick
2 red bell peppers, sliced into wide strips
1 foccica flat bread - or your favorite bread or roll
feta cheese ( or herb-flavored goat cheese)

Directions: 
In a zip lock baggie, marinade the veggies in the soy sauce, lemon, honey, and red pepper flakes.
Grill veggies or cook in pan to your liking (reserve a little bit of the marinade to drizzle over your sandie)
Toast the bread
Assemble sandwich!


Here is the real recipe if you want to follow it! It is from Taste of Home


1 comment:

  1. These were SO delicious and easy too! I made them after you served them - better with Feta but delicious every time!

    ReplyDelete