Thursday, April 18, 2013

Breakfast Quinoa

I was trying a little healthy kick, and gave this a try.  I even set my alarm to get up early to make it! After a few disasters, I would say it is a good healthy breakfast, that would be better with fresh fruit (which I added to the directions, but didn't have when I made it!)

Ingredients
2 cups milk (I used vanilla soy, because I wanted to use it up!)
1 cup quiona, rinsed
3 T brown sugar, plus more for serving
1/8 t. cinnamon, plus more for serving
1 cup berries

Directions
Bring milk to a boil in a small sauce pan- WATCH IT! Mine boiled over!
Add quinoa, and return to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, unitl 3/4 of the milk has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Stir in sugar & cinnamon.  Cook, until almost all the milk has been absorbed, 8 minutes. Stir in berries and cook for 30 seconds.  Serve with additional berries, milk, sugar, and cinnamon

Adapted from Martha Stewart Living



No comments:

Post a Comment