Friday, April 12, 2013

Garden Fence


Here is my "before" garden fence picture. I made it out of cheap plastic fencing and green fence posts.  Then I used twist ties to hold it together. It sorta worked for last summer, but the bunnies chewed through it and the snow squished it down. I wanted something pretty.


I found this awesome and easy to install fence on Amazon.  It was well worth the $130! I could put it up all by myself, and the wire will keep the bunnies out! The cedar posts are thin, but it will work for what I need. http://www.terraproductsgroup.com/ is where I actually ended up ordering from. It took less than a week to get here, I just had to wait for the snow to melt to put it up!





I also filled my raised beds with fresh dirt. In the past I just did 1/2 compost, 1/2 top soil.  My cucumbers were having trouble last year, so I decided to try something new. I tried the square foot gardeners recipe: 

Mel’s Mix

1/3 peat moss
1/3 compost (from as many sources as possible) 

I used cow manure from Hy-Vee and leaves from my front yard!

Then I tilled them with a handy dandy tiller, I borrowed from a friend. 









YAY SPROUTS! I planted lettuce seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment