Monday, August 27, 2012

Let Me Here Ya Say, Gooo Greek! ...

Now that I have that song stuck in your head....

When I cook, I try to cook things using ingredients I have on hand.  Especially now that I am living by myself, I like to re-purpose leftovers.  You can only eat the same thing for so many days before you get sick of it! I had 1 chicken breast and needed a way to make it into a meal. So the Mediterranean sandy was born.

My original plan was to use hummus, however mine was not looking so hot. I needed something to serve as the "sauce." I wanted to make an olive tapenade. All of the recipes I was finding had capers and anchovies, which are not my favorite! So I made up my own!


Green Olive Tapenade sans Capers and Anchovies


Ingredients
1 cup green olives, chopped
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic
olive oil
salt
pepper







Directions: 
Chop olives and garlic, until fine and place in small bowl.
Squeeze fresh lemon over olives (squeeze it upside down to prevent seeds from falling in!).
Drizzle olive oil over the olives, and add salt and pepper for flavor.  For best results, let sit for an hour or so to let flavors meld.



Mediterranean Sandwich


I have made these a few different way, each time mixing and matching different ingredients.  Below you will find a list of ingredients, pick the ones you like, or have on hand, to put an delicious sandwich together! For this sandwich I added an asterisk next to the things I used. 

Bread
Chicken*                                                             
   
Veggies

  • roasted red peppers*
  • artichokes*
  • cucumbers
  • red onion*
  • red peppers
  • olives
  • banana peppers
Dressing
  • hummus
  • olive tapenade*
  • Greek dressing
  • olive oil
  • mayo
Cheese
  • feta*
  • mozzarella




**If anyone has tips for centering/organizing pictures on a Blogger, please send them my way!**

No comments:

Post a Comment