Tuesday, August 21, 2012

All You Need is Love


I made this sign for my friend Meryl.  She is getting married in October.  I wanted to make her something for her shower, so once again, I browsed my favorite site and found this! It was so easy to make, and I had all of the supplies on hand. 

Supplies: 
  • weathered wood
  • acrylic paint
  • black Sharpie marker
  • hot glue gun or drill
  • twine
  • saw
  • sand paper

First I cut the wood with my saw to the length I wanted. I am getting really good at using the saw! 



Next, I drew a skinny line with my Sharpie of the word love in cursive, like I wanted.  I tried it with pencil first, but it didn't move as smoothly as the Sharpie. 

After I had the first line, I went ahead and thickened the letters. Once I had it how I wanted it, I sanded over the letters to make it look a little more rustic.

 I used my finger to paint the heart. Can you believe, with all the craft supplies I have, I did not have a paintbrush?! Because one side of the board was a little more rustic, I also used a hammer to roughen up the other side of the board.

I have made 2 of these signs, for one, I hot glued the twine to the back. For the other, I drilled holes in the top of the board, and then put the twine thru the holes.


Last but not least, I added these new cute stickers to the back.  I ordered these off of Vistaprint

No comments:

Post a Comment