We had an October Thanksgiving to use up a turkey we had. The turkey came out ok, but the mashed potatoes were the star of the meal!
This is the only picture I got of the finished "Thanksgiving" meal.
- 6-7 large baking potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 8oz light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices thick bacon crispy cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Drain potatoes and and beat with a mixer until smooth. Add milk, cream cheese, sour cream, parsley, garlic salt, garlic, and nutmeg. Beat at a medium-high speed until nice and creamy (be careful, the liquid likes to splash). Add salt and pepper.
Spoon into a 9×13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Top with cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake for 30 minutes.
Adapted from: The Girl Who Ate Everything