Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fire Roasted Tomatoes

I wanted to make my tomato soup, but didn't have any fire roasted tomatoes.  But I did have a TON of green tomatoes, turned red via brown paper sack, that my friend Erin gave me.  I decided to use half of them for this, and half of them for some salsa! These were so easy, and don't have near the preservatives that the canned kind have.  
Cut them in half from stem to bottom.

De-seed them as much as possible. I just used my finger.

Lay them on the pan like this and drizzle with olive oil. Stick a little bit of garlic under each tomato. 

Turn the broiler on High. 

Broil for 8-10 minutes, or until they look "Fire Roasted"

Here they are! I took the skins off for my soup, and put them back under the broiler for a few minutes.  I saved all of the juices and put them in my soup too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment