Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups

These are one of my new favorite go-to recipes! They are healthy and delicious! I used some of my summer zucchini that I had grated and froze. It mad it super easy to just pull it out of the freezer! 










Ingredients:

8 lasagna noodles
1 tsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 medium zucchini
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
1 3/4 cups Marinara sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
fresh basil for garnish


Directions:
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. 

Grate zucchini and squeeze dry. I use my food processor, it is super fast! 

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Pour about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.

Cook garlic and olive oil over medium heat for about 1 minute; add zucchini, salt and pepper to taste and cook about 4-5 minutes, until soft.

Combine the cooked zucchini, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.

Pat the lasagna noodles dry with a paper towel. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over the noodle. Roll up the noodle, and place in baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.

Pour the remaining sauce over the lasagna rolls and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of each roll. Cover with foil and bake for about 40 minutes. Top with fresh basil. Enjoy! 


I think this would also make a great freezer meal, however, I never had any leftover to freeze! :)

Adapted from Skinny Taste 

No comments:

Post a Comment