I made these baked wings, what seems like forever ago, when we had a Royals World Series watch party. They tasted just like ones we get at the bar and were a big hit!
4 pounds chicken wings
2 tablespoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
Franks Wing Sauce
- Adjust oven racks to upper middle and lower middle positions.
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel.
- Place baking powder and salt in a large ziplock bag. Add chicken wings. Shake wings and make sure that they are evenly coated with baking powder and salt.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack in it. Spray it with vegetable oil spray.
- Place chicken, skin side down, on a single layer on the wire rack.
- Bake wings on lower middle rack for 30 minutes. Turn up the heat to 425 degrees, move it to the upper middle rack. Bake for 45-50 minutes, rotating the sheet half way through the baking to ensure through baking.
- Take them out of the oven and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Place wings in a large bowl and add the hot sauce over it. Toss to coat.
- Serve with ranch or bleu cheese dressing.
Adapted from Fool Proof Living