Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Halloween Chili


For Halloween, the neighbors and I gathered to pass out candy to all 22 Trick-or-Treaters.  I made us chili for dinner.  When I make chili, I sorta make it up. This Chili Seasoned Ground Pork with Jalapenos was my inspiration this time! Don't laugh at some of the ingredients... I'm not sure where the beer came from. I also had a request from Mary Anne, NO beans, I didn't totally listen! Jay, this one is for you, so you can make your own chili! :) 



Ingredients: 
1 pound ground beef
1 pound HyVee Chili Seasoned Ground Pork with Jalapenos
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 poblano peppers, diced
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can tomato sauce
1 can corn
1 28 oz can whole tomatoes
2 T Chili 9000 spice from Penzeys
1 t chili powder
1 can beer (I used Schlitz Tall Boy)

Directions: 
Cook ground beef and pork, until browned. 
Add onion and peppers and cook for 2-3 more minutes. 
Add meat and veggies to the crock pot. Add all remaining ingredients. 
Cook on low for 2-3 hours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment