This weekend Harper, who is 4, helped me cook some chicken parmesan! She was a great helper! She pretty much made the bread all by herself. It all turned out yummy. We ate the whole pan! We were so busy cooking, I only took a picture of the final product!
Abbey had some noodles in the fridge that were already cooked, and I used jared spaghetti sauce to speed up the process!
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 t. Italian seasoning
2-3 chicken breasts
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1. Place chicken breasts in a ziplock baggie. Pound out the chicken until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
2. Prepare 2 bowls, one with egg, and one with 1 cup breadcrumbs, a 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and 1 t. Italian seasoning. If you need more you can add to it later. I always feel like most recipes have too much breading and you end up throwing half of it away1
3. Dip chicken breasts in egg, then in breadcrumb mixture.
4. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add chicken and cook until both sides are browned.
5. Cover the bottom of a pyrex dish with spaghetti sauce.
6. Add cooked chicken, top chicken with a little more sauce, and sprinkle with cheeses.
7. Cook in 375* oven for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
8. Serve with noodles and remaining sauce.