Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Microwave Peanut Brittle


I made this last year as Christmas gifts for my paras and aides.  They raved about it! So I decided to make it again this year! I made 3 batches, in less than an hour.  It is quick and easy and does not require a candy thermometer, oven, or stove.  It is my kind of "baking."


Ingredients: 
  • 1 cup peanuts 
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 T. butter
  • 1 t. baking soda


Directions: 

In a microwave safe bowl combine the peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, and salt.

Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes. Stir.

Cook for another 3 minutes.

Add the butter and cook for 2-3 more minutes.

Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper, and have baking soda measured.

Remove from the microwave and add the baking soda stirring until mixed. IT WILL BE VERY HOT!

Working quickly, pour onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

When it is completely cooled break into pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment