Thursday, February 20, 2014

Kitchen Aid Pizza Dough

After my successful bread in my Kitchen Aid Mixer, I thought I would try my hand at pizza dough. This one of those things that I have failed at in the past. I have trouble getting it to rise. I think I have found the keys to success!
1.  The oven trick! Turn your oven to the lowest setting for 5 minutes. Then turn off your oven, and put the dough in the oven to rise
2. Make sure that your water is between 105*-110*F


This is a quick and easy dough. It makes one 14 inch pizza, or two smaller pizzas.

Ingredients:
1 package of active dry yeast
1 cup of 105* Water
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of olive oil
2 1/2 to 3 cups of flour
cornmeal

Directions 
In the mixing bowl, add the yeast and the water. Let the yeast dissolve. Add the salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 cups of flour. 

Attach the dough hook and mix on speed 2 for 1 minute. Add the remaining flour (I only need 1/2 cup more) until the dough clings to the hook and cleans the sides of the bowl. Knead in the mixer, about 4 minutes.



Place the dough in a greased bowl and let rise for 1 hour. Once risen, punch down dough.
  Brush a pizza stone with olive oil and cornmeal. 

Stretch dough across the pizza stone. 
Bake the pizzas without toppings for 5-10 minutes in an oven that has been preheated to 450*. Take the prebaked pizzas out and top them. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the pizza are browned and firm. 



I topped mine with red peppers, pepperoni, cheese, and artichokes.

Adapted from The Kitchen Aid Instruction Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment