Monday, February 10, 2014

Be Still & Know That I Am God


 My cousin Tiffany asked me if I could make her a sign. I told her she could come over and we could do it together! We made a trip to Hobby Lobby and spent $7.15 on paint, 2 canvases, and paint brushes. 

We came home and designed the sign on my Silhouette. Then it was time to cut it out. I had successfully used my stencil vinyl, and was excited to use it, however, it was not big enough for the canvas we bought! So then we tried contact paper, and my machine was not having it. Finally, I settled on some vinyl. We would use one as a stencil, and use the vinyl from the other one.  She wanted to make her friend one too! 

After carefully putting the stencil on we painted it with acrylic paints. 
 She wanted the GOD part to be distressed, I think we did a pretty good job!
It was not super centered, so I drew a little design in the corner!

 The other one we painted the canvas, and then stuck the vinyl on. To make sure the vinyl stuck we painted it with some Modge Podge.



No comments:

Post a Comment