Monday, March 11, 2013

Lucky Banner

I whipped up this banner, using scraps of fabric that I had at home.  
I cut 6 pendants, by hand, using a simple pattern I made out of paper. 
I made them have a double thickness, because I want to add SPRING to the other side, after St. Patrick's day is over.  
After they were cut out, I sewed them together, and left a little spot at the top, so I could thread the string thru the top. 
Next, I used my handy-dandy Silhouette Cameo to cut out LUCKY on green fabric, backed with Wonder Under. 
I used a font called "Luck of the Irish" and a shamrock that I traced.  
When cutting fabric with your Silhouette, it is a good idea to use the fabric blade, and select double cut. Finally, I used a safety pin to thread some twine thru the top! 

No comments:

Post a Comment