Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Chevron Tree Skirt

Every year, I like to switch my tree up.  I have a bunch of colors of ornaments, and like to buy a few new ones every year to make my tree a theme tree.  This year I went for a red and green theme. I have a few tree skirts, but none of them matched my red and green theme. After a trip to Hobby Lobby in search of a tree skirt, I decided, I wanted to make my own.  I bought red chevron duck cloth and then went on a hunt for green pompom trim.  I ended up finding some at Joann's and had a 60% off coupon! So I think the total cost of my tree skirt was less than $20.

I bought a yard of fabric, but I have a tall and skinny tree. You could do this with more if you had a larger tree.


Then I folded it into a square, and used a pencil as a compass with a piece of leftover fabric.


Then I cut up one slit and cut a small circle out. (I wish I would have gone even smaller!)


Next I folded over the cut and center circle and made a nice edge.

Then, I bought 4 yards of pom-pom trim.  (I did a little bit of math finding the circumference of a circle with a diameter of 36 inches)


I sewed that all the way around!

LOVE IT!











No comments:

Post a Comment