Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Enchilada Casserole

A few weeks ago we had a shower for one of my friends.  We made tacos and had lots of leftover meat.  I decided I would use the leftovers to repurpose a meal.  I decided on enchilada casserole.  I invited my Aunt Claire and Aunt Marie over because they were in town from Minnesota.  My Uncle Paul also came too!

The Minnows had never had enchiladas before! I think everyone enjoyed them.


Ingredients: 
1-2 lbs ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning
1 can corn 
1 can enchilada sauce 
1/2 onion, diced
3T chopped fresh cilantro
corn tortillas
cheddar cheese
diced green chilies

Directions: 
Cook ground beef and season with taco seasoning. 
Add corn, green chilies, 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, and onions. 
Cook until onions are softened. 
Layer corn tortillas in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. 
Drizzle 1/4 cup enchilada sauce over the tortillas. 
Add 1/2 of the ground beef mixture to the pan. 
Cover with cheese and sprinkle cilantro. 
Repeat layers ending with cheese and cilantro. 
Bake for 30 minutes at 350*.

Serve with salsa and sour cream 

No comments:

Post a Comment