Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tomato Basil Mozzarella Sandwich- Paris style!

I have a feeling that I will be having a lot of these sandies with the amount of tomatoes and basil I am growing! They are a great light sandwich, that takes me back to my days in Italy and France!

In 2005, I traveled to Italy and France for a study abroad program. One day we decided we wanted to have a picnic under the Eiffel Tower. So we went to the local market and bought tomatoes, mozzarella, and baguettes.  We took the train to the Eiffel tower, and set up camp! We were ready to eat. However, we did not think that we would need a knife. So we got resourceful, and used a credit card! I sure hope we cleaned it really well first! :) As you can tell, Cody was very proud of himself!




This was one of my most memorable nights on the whole trip! 
"It's All Coming Back To Me!"

 Ingredients: 
Ciabatta bread, fresh mozzarella, fresh tomato, fresh basil, and sandwich sprinkle.
 Directions: 
Drizzle olive oil on the bread and toast for a few minutes.
Add fresh slices of cheese.

Add tomatoes, basil, and some sandwich sprinkle.

Press on panini press and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment