Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pantry, Freezer, Garden Livin'

Right before I go on a trip, I challenge myself to only eat out of the pantry/freezer/garden.  It is fun to come up with meals using only the ingredients you have on hand.  This is also a fun game to play if you don't want to go to the grocery store and spend $$! 

I made this spin on Goulash.  

Ingredients: 
ground beef
noodles
1 can diced tomatos
onion
red pepper 
fresh oregano 
Italian seasoning
salt 
pepper

Directions: 
Boil the noodles and cook as directed on package. 

In a skillet, cook ground beef and sprinkle with fresh herbs, salt pepper, and Italian seasoning. 

When the meat is almost cooked, add onion and pepper and cook for a few more minutes. 

Drain noodles.

Add a can of diced tomatoes and noodles. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes before serving. 




Garden Fresh BLT

bread
bacon
lettuce
tomato
mayo
salt 
pepper 

I was super lazy on this one and used a leftover bun, toasted it in the oven. I used pre-cooked bacon and heated it up in the microwave for 30 seconds.  Then I sliced the tomato, spread the mayo, and sprinkled it with salt and pepper. I added the bacon and the lettuce! 

No comments:

Post a Comment