Monday, July 28, 2014

Kale & Bacon salad

Kale salads can be hit and miss. The key to a great kale salad is taking the time to prepare it and let it soak up the dressing. I harvested what I thought was a huge bunch of kale from my garden and turned it into a salad.... sadly after all that work it was only enough for 1 serving! This recipe is a little bit of this, little bit of that, no measurement recipe... but it was yummy!


Ingredients: Adjust to the amount of kale
Kale
Olive oil (enough to coat the kale)
fresh lemon juice
sprinkle of parmesan cheese
bacon cut into small pieces
salt & pepper to taste
minced garlic (I used 1 clove)

Directions:
1. Wash and dry your kale
2. Gather it into small pieces and roll it between your hands. 
3. Dice it into small pieces. 
4. Toss together with olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, bacon, garlic, and salt & pepper.
5. Let sit for at least 1 hour.
6. Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I can't bring myself to eat a kale salad. It looks like green corrugated cardboard to me. Bleh...

    ReplyDelete