I made this with the remaining rotisserie chicken I had from earlier in the week! It is also, quick, easy, and healthy! The veggies were perfectly cooked, and the hint of lime added an extra flavor!
1 T canola oil
1 t. dark sesame oil
1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken
2 T soy sauce
1/2 t. crushed red pepper
2 cups broccoli florets
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
2/3 cups chicken broth
2 t. cornstarch
2 T fresh lime juice
2 T chopped cashews
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Stir in lime rind.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 t. canola oil and sesame oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- 3. Combine chicken, 1 T soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper in a bowl; toss to coat.
- 4.Add chicken mixture to pan; cook 6 minutes or until chicken begins to brown, stirring frequently.
- 5. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining 1 1/2 t. canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add broccoli and bell pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Combine remaining 1 T. soy sauce, chicken broth, and cornstarch in a bowl. Add chicken mixture and broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat; stir in lime juice. Spoon 1/2 cup rice mixture into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with about 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture.
Adapted from Cooking Light 2014