Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pizza Bites with Quinoa

I have been wanting to try these for a while, however, I never had all of the ingredients. So after my massive trip to the grocery store, I was ready to go. (Or so I thought, turns out I was out of pizza sauce, and they were still good!) These use Quinoa which is the latest "super food." Quinoa cooks like rice, you need 2 times as much water as quinoa. There are many variations you can make with these using the quinoa, egg, onion base!

Ingredients: (Makes 12)
•1 cups cooked quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked)


•1 large egg

•1/2 cup finely chopped onion

•1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

•1 tsp minced garlic

•1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped

•1/2 cup chopped pepperoni slices
•Sprinkle of Pizza Seasoning from Penzey's
•1/2 tsp paprika

•1/2 tsp dried crushed oregano

•pizza sauce for dipping (I use Pizza Squeeze, in a bottle!)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Mix all ingredients together, except for pizza sauce
3. Put 1 Tablespoon of mixture into each greased mini muffin cup. Sprinkle with Pizza Seasoning.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
5. Serve with pizza sauce


*Adapted from So Very Blessed-- She doubled it and used different spices. I didn't need 30 bites! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment