Friday, August 12, 2016

10 YEARS?! Flexible Seating and Daily 5

Today was the first day of my 10th year teaching! I think every year it gets a little easier, but I am always learning something new. This year, I really want to embrace flexible seating, Daily 5, and CAFE.

For the first time in 10 years, I did not assign kids seats. They got to pick, and will get to pick each day! I can already tell they are going to love it! One of my kiddos has a lot of energy, without asking, felt comfortable moving for each activity we did. He was on the floor, at his desk, and at the writing station. My flexible seating includes: A $10 loveseat, low tables with pillows, crate seats, yoga balls, IKEA benches, a re-do foot stool, more pillows, clipboards, desks, a circle table with cushions, and a few other chairs. I found the hashtag #starbucksmyroom on Twitter and really wanted to go for that vibe.


I turned the desks the other way and won't let them put stuff in them.  Instead, they have plastic shoe boxes that can move around with them. I also made book bags with my new heat press!

             

You will also notice, I took out a lot of the bright colors I have always had and made it more neutral with a little inspiration from Joanna Gaines! ;) The wood is fadeless paper I bought off of Amazon. I had fun re-doing the old $6 window from Re-Store to make a memo board.

This summer I participated in a Daily 5 and CAFE book study. I am excited to implement both this year. I did a modified Daily 5 last year and LOVED it!

I'm excited to begin this journey with a new teaching partner too!
                                                         

4 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing and I have some special things for you. If you are finding something to relax, tom and jerry fighting games; mila's magic shop will be my best recommendation for you. Let’s play and get more deep relaxation!
    Beside, you can try ninja vs zombies unblocked , it is an addictive game which receives much love from players over the world. Now, you can completely play this addicting fun game on your mobile. Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As reported by Stanford Medical, It is really the ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years longer and weigh on average 19 kilos lighter than us.

    (And realistically, it has totally NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and EVERYTHING to related to "how" they are eating.)

    BTW, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    CLICK on this link to see if this short quiz can help you decipher your true weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete
  3. As reported by Stanford Medical, It is in fact the SINGLE reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh 42 pounds lighter than us.

    (And realistically, it has absoloutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and really, EVERYTHING to do with "how" they eat.)

    P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    CLICK on this link to uncover if this brief questionnaire can help you release your true weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete